The two cover letters on this page are both examples of those that might be used in the childcare industry. The Nanny cover letter sample is meant for individuals more interested in careers as live-in support for the children of a family, while the Caretaker cover letter sample is geared towards younger, less experienced childcare workers like au pairs and even babysitters.
Table of Contents
Both letters on this page follow the template outlined in our cover letter writing guide:
SEE ALSO > How to Write an Excellent Cover Letter
1. Nanny Cover Letter Sample
This cover letter is an example of one that could pair with a Nanny Resume. (click to view)
July 13, 2016
341 Elm Ave.
Dear Ms. Jackson,
I was pleased to learn of your need for an experienced caretaker at Nurturing Nannies. With my wealth of childcare experience and educational background, I am positive I am a top candidate for the position. I am prepared to start with your organization immediately and would love the opportunity to contribute.
My skills and accomplishments include:
- Teaching assistant at Pathways Primary School for the preschool level classes, helping to manage and educate 16 kids per class.
- Received an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from Sacramento City College.
- 10+ years of au pair and babysitting experience.
- The oldest of nine children, I was a constant assistant and caretaker of my siblings.
With my experience and skills, combined with my strong initiative and calm head under pressure, I am convinced I would be an excellent nanny for Nurturing Nannies. I have a passion for young learners and am ambitious in my goals to be a specialist in early childhood care and education.
Enclosed is my resume which further highlights my skills, experience, and academic background. I would be happy to visit your office for an interview and I hope to hear back from you at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
2. Caregiver Cover Letter Sample
This cover letter is an example of what one might use with a caregiver resume.(click to view)
July 13, 2016
341 Maple Ave.
Dear Ms. Jefferson,
I was happy to find your posting for an experienced caretaker / au pair at your home. Your children sound like wonderful kids and I would love the chance to help your family manage your busy schedules and be a part of your kids’ lives. I am certain I would be a great caretaker for your family as I have a great amount of experience and am a natural nurturer.
My background includes:
- Currently working towards a degree in Education at Sacramento State University.
- Six-plus years of au pair and babysitting experience.
- Volunteered at Sunny Kids Preschool as a teaching assistant.
- The second of nine children, I often helped to care for my own younger siblings.
My background and skills with young children make me a great fit for the caretaker role you are hoping to fill. I have a patient and caring demeanor, but am also authoritative and earn the respect and trust of children I work with.
Enclosed is my resume which further highlights my skills, experience, and academic background. I would be happy to visit you for coffee or lunch, or to come by your home to introduce myself. I know hiring someone to take care of your children can be a daunting experience, and I am willing to help make you comfortable in doing so. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.