Here’s what a cover letter should have:
- Contact details: your name, phone number, Linkedin profile, and email address
- Salutations: choose an appropriate salutation, such as: “Dear hiring manager”
- Opening paragraph: introduce yourself, explain how you found the job, why you’re interested in the position, and detail your relevant experience and accomplishments
- Body text: provide examples of your accomplishments and experience, and how those examples make you qualified and the best candidate for the position
- Closing paragraph: again, express your interest in the position, your preferred method of contact along with your availability (time) for contact
- Your signature: sincerely, best, or best regards, followed by your name
Make sure to properly address the hiring manager by their professional title in your cover letter, as well as to not leave any awkward sounding sign-offs.