6499 Blake Avenue, Richmond, VA
Nursing RN recent graduate seeking to use earned skills and knowledge to assist your hospital in a nursing role. Proven to ably handle any medical emergency or situation, with the requisite skill-set to perform under pressure. Excellent interpersonal skills, and a dedicated worker with a sense of purpose. Possess a BS in Nursing.
JOLIET UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, May 2013
- GPA: 3.7
- Student Nursing Association, Member 2011-2013
- Observational Methods
- Principles of Teaching Applied to Nursing
- Pharmaceuticals Oncology
- Qualitative Analysis
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse: New York State Board of Nursing, License #0000000
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by American Heart Association
CHICAGO MEDICAL CENTER Chicago, IL
Preceptorship Nurse Spring 2012 – Present
- Monitored five assigned patients, updating information on vital signs and progress of treatment.
- Documented data related to patients’ care including assessment results, interventions, medications, patient responses, or treatment changes.
- Assessed condition of patients, ordering and evaluating diagnostic tests as needed.
STANDARD HOSPITAL Chicago, IL
Clinical Practicum in Acute Care Fall 2010-2012
- Collaborated with other healthcare professionals to plan, manage, and assess patient treatments in the acute care unit with a bed capacity of 32 patients.
- Administered blood product transfusions or intravenous infusions, monitoring patients for adverse reactions.
- Performed emergency medical procedures, such as basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), and other condition stabilizing interventions.
- Discussed illnesses and treatments with patients and family members in a supportive manner.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
CAMPUS COMPUTER LABS Chicago, IL
Computing Lab Consultant September 2009-June 2010
- Assisted other students in the use of computers, software, and equipment in computer facilities