Knowledgeable: Over 3 years of experience in the field of molecular biology.
Diligent: Observed and analyzed cell changes with 99% accuracy.
Innovative: Developed a research proposal to measure mutagenic effects of toxicants, securing $30,000 in grant funding.
DNA + RNA Analysis, Data Entry, Lab Maintenance Procedure, Critical Thinking, SAS Testing, Regulatory Compliance, Microsoft Excel, Quality Assurance, Problem Solving
LABORATORY RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research, Stanford, CA / July 2019 – Present
- Prepare genomic samples from DNA for sequencing
- Monitor cells in tissue cultures for changes, have a track record of 99% accuracy when analyzing results
- Pitched a proposal to measure and analyze mutagenic effects of toxicants on cells, securing $30,000 in grant funding
- Ensure that all research complies with appropriate SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines
- Manage travel and expense reports for department team members
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT
UCLA Center for Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, LA, CA / May 2017 – June 2019
- Completed masters research on mutagenic qualities of plant-based alkaloids
- Regularly analyzed genomic samples and took extensive notes on any changes in DNA/RNA structure
- Supervised 5 lab workers and trained them to adhere to proper lab maintenance procedure
- Set up and maintained laboratory equipment
M.S. in Molecular Biology
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
2017 – 2019
B.S. in Molecular Biology
University of California, Berkeley 2013 – 2017