Here’s how you use AI to update your resume:
- Collect all relevant information – Start by gathering all information that’s relevant to your work history and qualifications. This includes contact information, employment history, awards, education, and more. AI isn’t magic, so you’ll still need to provide the foundational information for it to work with.
- Choose the software you want to use – There’s a variety of AI software available online now that can help you update your resume. Decide whether you want to use a traditional chatbot like ChatGPT or a full-service AI resume builder like Resume Genius.
- Upload your information – Once you’ve decided on a service, upload your existing resume or provide a master resume with a wide range of information for the AI software to pull from.
- Review AI suggestions – AI will provide you with suggestions for your resume. Make sure that they’re an accurate reflection of your abilities and work history before putting them on your resume.
- Adjust the design and format of your resume – If you’re using ChatGPT, you’ll need to format your resume manually. However, most specialized AI resume builders will handle this step for you.
Download your updated resume – Once your resume is written and properly formatted, you’re done! Download it and start applying for jobs.