534 Shelby Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 24542
Food Service Worker with 6+ years of experience serving and preparing food in a variety of different food establishments. Provides excellent customer service, and possesses encyclopedic knowledge of wines, entrees, restaurant equipment, and POS terminals. Looking to leverage my knowledge of the industry for a host role at your restaurant.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER
The Big Lobster / Greenville, SC / 2016 – 2018
- Took customer orders with a friendly demeanor, consistently scoring over 90% satisfaction rating on customer feedback surveys
- Kept track of inventory to ensure that the restaurant never ran out of napkins, utensils, or POS paper rolls.
- Prepared appetizers, entrees, salads, and alcoholic beverages when the kitchen staff was stretched too thin, increasing workplace efficiency by 20%
- Trained 4 underperforming waiters in salesmanship methodology, increasing their sales to meet the company average of 83%
- Learned how to manually calculate and split bills, completing 53 orders during an instance when the POS terminal was down
ASSISTANT FOOD SERVICE WORKER
Smokey Joe’s BBQ / Greenville, SC / 2012 – 2016
- Perfected menu presentation skills, providing customers a holistic understanding of the restaurant offerings, leading to a 15% increase in sales
- Helped take down phone orders, and passed on those orders to the kitchen using Smokey Joe’s BBQ’s special shorthand
- Maintained a hygienic kitchen by regularly mopping and disinfecting the workspace and washing all utensils and dishes.
- Mastered 3 types of POS Terminals, as well as receipt roll replacement
B.S. / MARKETING
University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
The Big Lobster
- POS terminals
- Restaurant equipment
- Conflict resolution skills
- Basic math skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)