Table of Contents:
- Professional Office Clerk Resume Sample
- Entry-level, Administrative Assistant Resumes & Cover Letter Sample
- Office Clerk Resume (Text Format)
- Office Worker Resume Tips
- Other Good Office Worker Samples
Professional Office Clerk Resume Sample
- Candidate is applying for a managerial role
- Candidate has 7+ years of experience
- Candidate mentions having a Technical Writing Certificate in Career Objective
- Candidate emphasizes having supervisory role in her company
Entry-level, Administrative Assistant Resumes & Cover Letter Sample
Click the following images to view the resume sample.
SEE ALSO › Popular Resume Samples By Industry
Office Clerk Resume (Text Format)
347 Green Street, Concord, NH 03301
Office Clerk with 7+ years of experience handling confidential tasks and making routine office tasks as efficient as possible. Proven managerial experience and cost-cutting abilities, while maintaining high standards and achieving company goals. Aiming to leverage my work experience and abilities into a managerial role at your company. Possess a BA in sociology and a Technical Writing Certificate
*Learn more about the how to write a resume introduction for an office worker, click here
OMEGA CORPORATIONS Concord, NH
Head Office Clerk July 2011 – Present
- Simplified the processes of retrieving data from the computer system, maintaining department records, typing and compile reports daily, quarterly and annually, saving $24,000 in labor costs annually
- Research all client loan discrepancies, and act accordingly, consistently attaining 95%+ customer satisfaction
- Supervise and train a staff of 3 regular clerks and 4 interns
- Received special award for outstanding work ethic 2 consecutive years
- Type confidential letters for senior members daily
- Responsible for the filing of billing requisitions as well as the retrieval of archived requisitions
LAND’S END INDUSTRIES Concord, NH
Assistant Payroll Clerk and Customer Service Assistant May 2007 – July 2011
- Handled all payroll activities for 60+ employees and ensured posting of checks before end of month
- Answered incoming calls (avg. 40/day) resolving issues with both customers and billing department
- Improved customer service rating by 15% by training other employees in correct phone handling
- Converted manual payroll system into all digital system, designing, implementing and training staff on usage
- Analyzed all company data entry systems and prepared recommendations for system-wide efficiency improvement
*Click here to find out how you can quantify your professional experience section
SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE UNIVERSITY Manchester, NH
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, February 2007
- 3.83/4.0 GPA
*To read more about how to write the Education Section, click here.
- WPM 89
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, POS Systems and Proprietary Data Entry Management systems.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Possess at Technical Writing Certificate
*Here are some major skills and abilities you should add to your resume
Office Worker Resume Tips
“Office worker” is a generic term that covers many different business and administrative duties. It is used as an umbrella term for a person with a broad set of skills such as using software, writing reports, organizing paperwork, and maintaining a collegial atmosphere.
The optimal office worker resume will exhibit a variety of talents, such as managerial skills, organizational skills and data analysis and processing skills. Doing so will help you land a spot in the growing job market.
The first thing an experienced Office Clerk will want to do is emphasis any previous work experience that can be translated to the position being applied for.
Showing relevant and transferable experience is a key resume builder throughout the resume body.
All companies are looking for specialized, focused and skilled employees. To capture the attention of HR, this resume begins immediately with a Career Objective highlighting relevant professional and educational experiences.
Here are two places where this Career Objective is particularly strong:
The Career Objective starts off with a targeted career objective stating:
General Office Clerk with over 7 years of experience handling confidential tasks and improving clerical processes with efficiency. Completed a Comprehensive Secretarial Course.
It also mentions keywords that indicate managerial material, company ROI potential and upward mobile talent:
Managerial experiences and cost-cutting abilities.
Additionally, this resume is packed full of quantified data, which proves the applicants achievements and worth to potential employers. Office workers will want to numerically quantify points that lend to their reliability, efficiency, and management skills. This particular resume does this in both professional experiences.
In what ways can you quantify your professional experience?
Including achievements in terms of dollar amounts is a great way to catch the reader’s eye. This resume does so by stating:
- annual savings of $24,000 in labor costs annually
Another great way to quantify numerically is in terms of percentages, for example:
- consistently attaining 95%+ customer satisfaction
Additionally, include how many people you managed in numbers as well to give scope to the responsibility. For example:
- Supervised and trained staff of 3 regular clerks and 4 interns
Adding quantification throughout an office worker resume keeps the reader’s eye moving from experience to experience.
Most importantly, it helps the hiring manager quickly grasp the scope of the applicant’s experiences.
Applicants lacking such quantification are at a disadvantage because claims are not verified or substantiated with empirical data. For this reason, consider adding numbers a high priority when writing your office clerk resume. Below is another excellent example of resume quantification:
The second experience continues quantifying in an excellent fashion, utilizing 3 more ways in which achievements can be proven.
Adding a “+” to your estimated totals is a great way to show achievements, for example:
- Handled all payroll activities for 60+ employees
Include daily goals such as number of customers dealt with or calls taken such as is included in this example:
- Answered incoming calls (avg. 40/day)
Finally, as above, including percentages are excellent ways to quantify.
- Improved customer service rating by 15%
By listing that percentage increase, the applicant is showing how they can affect the company’s bottom line.
- Familiar with CRM Systems
- Expert Typist: 60+WPM
- Be able to maintain standard office equipment
- Ensure office records are filed properly
- Establish proper procedure for maintaining records
- Keep the office stocked with necessary supplies
- Resolve customer complaints in a polite manner
4. Action Verbs for an Office Worker Resume
To get a list of hundreds of resume action verbs, click here.
Focus on professional experience as much as possible, unless your educational experience is directly relatable to an office job. However, educational experiences usually don’t translate directly into an office position, so the resume will have to rely more on professional experience and additional skills to carry it through the screening process.